Monday, January 30, 2012

Discipline

  Today I was busy teaching the kids english, when Dulali, the kids Bangla teacher, called me over and told me to look in David's mouth.  David opened his mouth, it was full of yellow. It looked to me as if he had just eaten curry. Dulali told me he was eating his crayons. Immediatly Dulali got Popri(she is the principle and extremely feared by all the children). Popri looks malaysian to me, has has a very important regal strut, and carries a stick for spanking. When Popri came into the classroom she called David. All the student were quiet as they watched Popri force a yellow crayon into David's mouth. Ten minutes later David had eaten his yellow crayon.

  Bangladeshi's use humiliation for discipline. I am not sure how effective it is here. But I know it would sure be effective on me.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Glad they don't do that over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully they aren't toxic crayons ! I enjoy reading your posts and we're all praying for you at the Manfred church !!! God Bless
    Karla

    ReplyDelete