Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tic-Toc

Last Friday was Katie's birthday, Katie's mom flew down from Alaska to spend a weekend celebrating with her daughter. When Katie asked me if I would like to go to town with her and her mom, I could not resist(the last time I was in town was jan. 3). So after a quick bite to eat in the cafeteria we headed off to shop in the metropolis of Lillooet. After hitting about every store in the town. We stopped in at the local True Value hardware store. This was probably the coldest store I have ever been in I bet it was probably 10c (50f) degrees. I wandered the isles aimlessly until I saw the alarm clocks. For the past month and a half I have been depending largely on the amount of water I drink before I go to bed to be my alarming system which will hopefully declare the arrival of a new day. This method, though quite effective at times, is not always dependable. After scanning the shelf stocked with clocks I finally bought the cheapest clock I could find (the batteries cost more than the clock). It has a transparent blue rim and four hands; two for the hour and minute, one for the alarm, which I finally figured out how to set, and the fourth hand is the seconds hand which tics extremely loud and can even be heard with earplugs in. The relationship I have with my new clock is one of love and hate. I finally have learned how to set a manual clock after many years of avoiding learning, coping with the ominous tick and managing my time better.

1 comment:

  1. "metropolis of Lillooet" haha that's great! I couldn't relate with this post more! Got a good laugh too so thanks SK! Drinking water before bed sounds strangely familiar... seems like we may have more in common then we even realized when we were together at FA! PLZ keep blogging! I love you posts!!

    ReplyDelete