Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mice and Men gone mad

Glass containers lined the wall. Inside each container were all sorts of animals. But the ones that I enjoyed watching were the little white mice with red beady eyes. I loved watching them run on these little ferris wheels, spinning endless circles which got faster and faster with each rotation. Sometimes I would tap on the glass hoping to interrupt the little mouse from his dizzying activity. But the mouse paid no attention and continued spinning what little he had of his brain into pure oblivion. Corresponding my own life with that of a mouse is a bit degrading, but lately I am able to admit that me and the mouse have quite a bit in common. 18 years old may sound young, but all ready I have jumped on to the wheel and taken a few rotations. I can honestly say that each rotation goes a wee bit faster. Life has such a dizzying effect, so much to do in so little time. The years keep spinning on. I constantly find myself focussing on my present state. I don't notice the knocking on the glass window beckoning me to take a look at the big picture. Often times I ignore the panoramic view of humanity that incircles the small cage that I have put myself in. Though I am small in the whole scheme of things, I am sure my potential would grow if I started focussing my attention on those around and stop continuing to place my foot on the tedious rungs that make my self- absorbed life spin faster and faster.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kruges! You're a good writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Great comparison! Life totally is getting a wee be faster as you put it =)

    ReplyDelete